Thai Cabbage StirFry




We are still going strong with our Green Machine week and I am loving it! I have totally been on a health kick lately. Well I’ve had every intention of being on a health kick, and for the most part I’ve been pretty successful. I don’t know if attending Expo West has motivated me or just the fact that Spring is in the air and swimsuit season is around the corner. Yikes. Either way, I’ve been more generous with my veggies and water consumption, limiting my sugars and grains and all that jazz.
One of my classic quick dinners is Stir-Fry. It’s lean, tangy and quick. I can throw my left over veggies in with some chicken. Cook up some brown rice and dinner is done with out hardly thinking in under 30 minutes. It really is my go to middle of the week meal.


When debating about a recipe for Green Machine Week, I decided to stay true to my colors and share a Stir-Fry. This recipe was inspired by a previous recipe I made.. Filipino Pansit and Pei Wei’s Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps. (You need to go Pei Wei and try them. You can thank me later.)
The great thing about this recipe is you can totally eat it carb free. So it is Paleo friendly, gluten-free, vegetarian and whole 30 friendly.. and your not going to be left desiring more. This is loaded with flavor and all natural. My biggest advice for trying to cook healthy at home is to cook using herbs!


Like I said.. this can carb free. I served this Thai Stir Fry to my family over rice noodles, but it will stand alone amazingly. Serve everything exactly the same just sans noodles. If you are using noodles, this is a rice stick. You will only need about 1/2 the package. 



Here is my advice for this dish.. serve it up. Garnish with your toasted peanuts, mint, and cilantro. Don’t skimp on the lime juice or mint. So flavorsome and the fresh crisp cucumbers add a nice cool bite.
I highly recommend making a beautiful mess of your plate. Let those flavors swim.


Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minute     
    




Serving Size: 4







 Ingredients
  • 1/2 Chopped Peanuts
  • 1 Tbsp Sesame Seed Oil
  • 2 Cloves Garlic minced
  • 1/2 C Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
  • 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce
  • 3-4 Tbsp Lime Juice (2-3 limes)
  • 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
  • 1/2 C Shredded Carrots
  • 1 Cucumber
  • 1/2 Head of Cabbage, shredded
  • Garnish
  • Handful of Mint Leaves, chopped
  • Handful of Cilantro, chopped
  • Limes
  • Optional
  • Rice Noodles
Instructions
  1. In a large skillet or wok toast peanuts over medium-high heat until golden and fragrant. Set aside.
  2. In same pan add oil and garlic, sauté for 1 min over medium-high heat.
  3. Add in soy sauce, Sarachi sauce, and lime juice. Stir to combine.
  4. Add in bell pepper and shredded carrots, cook for 1 min.
  5. Add in cabbage and toss to combine. Cook for a few minutes until cabbage is slightly softened but not wilted, adding in extra soy sauce as desired.
  6. Serve over rice noodles.
  7. Garnish with peanuts, mint, cilantro and a side of sliced cucumbers and lime slices.
  8. Serve warm.
  9. Rice Noodles
  10. If using rice noodles, you will probably only need 1/2 a "stick" or package. Soak in boiling water for 3-4 mins. In the same pan that you cooked that cabbage stir fry (remove the stir fry) sauté noodles with a little of the hot water. This will finish cooking the noodles.


Author: Aubrey


No comments:

Post a Comment