FIVE BEAN VEGETARIAN CHILI


Oh I cannot tell you how much I love walking around barefoot on the new floor. I love stepping out of my bedroom and into the hallway to feel cool, clean, brand spanking new hardwood under my toes. Actually, if we’re being honest it’s a little too cold since we’re in the depths of a snowy Utah winter here, the floor really isn’t clean because I’ve already swept three times and I swear the construction dust just keeps coming out of the woodwork (pun intended), and it’s actually day-old hardwood since we put it in yesterday. I’ll consider it new for a few months though, maybe a year even.

I have managed to reorganize and clean the kitchen enough to where it’s definitely usable again. I have a slew of recipes just waiting to be made this week and I’m dying to get back to my cooking routine. I make it sound as though I’ve been out of a kitchen for a month. It’s been three days, plus Christmas. That feels like forever when you’re used to cooking for a good portion of every single day.

I made this Five Bean Vegetarian Chili on Christmas Eve Eve (not a typo, I’m referring to the day before Christmas Eve) for my family party and it was a huge hit! When my mother told me it was a chili bar I was excited because I realized, I haven’t posted a chili recipe on Creme de la Crumb yet! How can that be?? I made this really easy, really healthy and delicious five-bean chili and my whole family loved it. I left out the spiciness I’d usually put into a chili for just my husband and myself because there are some (crazy) people in my family who can’t handle the heat. If you’re wanting to add a little kick to this chili, don’t be afraid to throw in a dash of chili powder or cayenne pepper, it would be a tasty addition to this already flavorful chili. This recipe is so easy, there is absolutely no excuse to not make it for dinner this week. Throw this together when you get home from work and you’ll be in chili heaven in less than thirty minutes!

FIVE BEAN VEGETARIAN CHILI


PREP TIME
COOK TIME
TOTAL TIME
 
A healthy, yet hearty vegetarian five-bean chili with savory  spices! Perfect to warm you up!
Author: 
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 6
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 2 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can cannellini beans
  • 1 can great northern beans
  • 1 can red kidney beans
  • 1 can pinto beans
  • 2½ teaspoons cumin
  • 1 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Add red peppers and onions to a large pot and sauté over medium high heat until onions are translucent. Add garlic and sauté another minute until fragrant. Add broth, and drain and all beans. Bring to a boil. Add cumin, paprika, slat, and garlic powder. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 15-20 minutes longer, stirring throughout. Serve hot with sliced green onions, cheese, sour cream, or other toppings as desired.


Author: Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment