Winter Pomegranate Salad + Snow Shoeing Adventure

I have been all about mixing {simple} flavors lately…and really enjoying the fact that pomegranates are everywhere…and sometimes even pre-peeled (THANK YOU TJ’s)




Whenever I go to Whole Foods for their hot/cold bar, I look forward to eating their pearled cous cous salad. Pearled cous cous is kind of like a cross between rice and pasta; I love the texture. *Note it is NOT gluten free, for those of you that are sensitive to gluten. It is however, available for purchase at Trader Joe’s. 
#winning
So are all of the ingredients in this salad for that matter…

Like I said. I kept this side salad simple…
  • Greens (I used kale but you could use any kind)
  • Pearled cous cous
  • Pomegranate Arils
  • Walnuts
  • Goat Cheese
  • Easy Pomegranate Vinaigrette 
Instead of dumping dressing all over the entire salad. I massaged my kale with it. I learned this trick from YOU GUYS! It helps make kale more digestible by softening it up and infuses the flavor.

I mentioned this the last time I used kale in a recipe..but I’m still getting used to it. Going to be completely honest- I am still a fan of spinach over kale. Yeah I said it.

I seriously could eat goat cheese by the pound. #GoatCheeseProbz
 
I’ve mentioned that one of my goals this year is to share more stories and life-happenings on the blog. I feel like as FFF has evolved, I’ve sort of stopped sharing a lot of the things that I do outside of blogging. 
Blake and I decided to keep it low-key this Valentine’s by going out of a realllllly casual dinner and watching New Girl. We actually celebrated 2 years of dating this year on 2/14 :D. We planned a fun day trip to Taylor’s Falls the day after Valentine’s for a little breath of fresh air, snow shoeing, and lunch at the cutest diner EVER.
We rented snow shoes from a local sporting goods shop for about $34 buck (for 2 pairs). If you go about 6 times, you pay for a pair of snow shoes, so I am highly considering purchasing my own pair because 1. it will force me to go more and 2. they will eventually pay for themselves if I keep renting. 
Author: Lee Hersh

No comments:

Post a Comment