SKINNY PIÑA COLADA BREAD PUDDING WITH COCONUT WHISKEY SAUCE



You guys know that I LOVE cheesecake right?  And by “love” I mean I am kinda…sorta..ok, completely obsessed with the stuff. I want it all time, on everything, in everything forever and ever the end.
Espeically in the form of breakfast.
Then, something happened.  During our 10 days road trip to Florida from Washington State, me and Mr. FFF stopped in New Orleans to do a little sight seein’.  That day I experienced something that COULD rival cheesecake.
It hurts my heart to admit that there might be something out there that could rival my beloved, desserty best friend, but I am all about honesty here at FFF.
I tried real, Southern bread pudding for the very first time in my life.
With whiskey sauce.
You know those cartoons where the eyeballs explode out of the characters faces? Yea, my tastebuds..they did that.  Whoa.
I knew I had to re-create this moist, soft, sweet and need-this-in-my-face-yesterday kind of deliciousness…with a healthy twist of course.
Want to know what that tropical twist was? Hint #1: I just gave you the answer and hint #2: read the title.
I am guest posting over at The Emerging Foodie today, so head on over there to get the (almost embarrassingly easy) recipe!
Trust me, you need to eat this.  Your taste buds just told me so.
Author: Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment