Smoky Bacon & Corn Chowder

Can you believe this is actually the first soup recipe to appear on Creme de la Crumb? Um, what is that all about?  Why did no one scream at me to get with the program here.
Have you been just sitting there, shaking your head, wondering when I’d stopping posting ice cream recipes and give you something a little more on the warmer side?
I apologize. I don’t know what I was thinking.
Honestly, I love soups. I always have. When we were growing up, I never could really get what my brother was talking about about when he muttered things like “chick food” whenever my mom made a batch of her homemade chicken noodle or cheddar broccoli.
Speaking of that cheddar broccoli, I will be making a phone call to her very soon to obtain the recipe for that soup. You must make it. Of all the cheddar broccolis I’ve tasted, and that’s quite a few, it is without doubt my absolute favorite. So take note, it will be on the horizon.
Along with about nine hundred and eleven other really incredible recipes from my mother’s repertoire that I intend to share with you.
I’ll eat soup anytime of year, but nothing is quite like a hot bowl of soup in the fall time. I made this one a few days ago for a dinner with my in laws. It was actually a soup bar (a genius idea) so we had several to try. I’m only slightly embarrassed to say that my own soup was my favorite.
What can I say. I did invent the thing so it’s sort of tailored to my taste perfectly. Bacon, cheese, smoky paprika…
I’m thinking about changing the name to My BFF Soup.
Smoky Bacon Corn Chowder
 

Prep time                                                Cook time                                                Total time
10 mins                                                     30 mins                                                     40 mins


 
This thick n’ creamy corn chowder is perfect for the cooler months. A rich cheddar flavor, mixed with bacon and smoky paprika bring this soup to life! Make it for dinner or fix a batch ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for an easy lunch to-go!
Author:
Recipe type: Main Dish
Cuisine: American
Serves: 8
Ingredients
  • ½ pound red potatoes, chopped into ½ to 1 inch pieces
  • 1 large russet potato, chopped
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cup water
  • 1 cup flour1/2 cup red or white onion, diced
  • 2 teaspoons chicken buillon
  • 5 teaspoons minced garlic
  • ½ teaspoon onion salt
  • ½ teaspoon black pepper
  • 1-2 teaspoons smoked paprika
  • 1-2 cups corn, canned or frozen
  • ½ cup shard cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 8-10 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
Instructions
  1. Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium high heat. Add flour and stir until thick. Add water, chicken buillon, and garlic. Stir 1-2 minutes, then add potatoes. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
  2. Stir in diced onion, onion salt, black pepper, and smoked paprika. Cook about 5 minutes, then stir in corn, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Add water, one tablespoon at a time, to thin to desired consistency. Top with additional bacon and cheddar cheese if desired.

Author:Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment