Healthy Caramel Pumpkin Pie Mousse Pudding




I just made a batch of my Homemade Caramel Sauce the other day and for some strange reason I don’t know what to do with it!  I drizzle some into my coffee each morning but I still have so much leftover.  I have never encountered this problem with the last seven batches (yes, seven) so I thought about making a dessert with it.  I looked in my pantry and I saw a can of pumpkin.  It’s November, people like pumpkin and even more people like caramel, so into the kitchen I went.  I was too lazy to turn on the oven or anything, despite the cold weather, so I thought about making something no-bake.  I went on FoodGawker (best. website. ever.) and searched “caramel pumpkin.”  Within minutes I was drooling all over my keyboard with all the delicious recipes I saw:  caramel pumpkin piepumpkin spice caramelspumpkin cake with caramel frosting, AHHHH just give me all of that please!!


But I was in the mood for a healthy treat, not something that would weigh me down and make me feel sluggish, so I decided to just make my own caramel + pumpkin recipe.

Pudding was the first thing that came to mind because it is quick to make, no-bake and super easy to healthify.  With a few ingredients in the mixing bowl and a few turns of the whisk, I was rewarded with this Healthy Caramel Pumpkin Pie Mousse Pudding — a light and airy dessert that you can feel good about eating!

Healthy Caramel Pumpkin Pie Mousse Pudding
Yield: 2+1/4 cups
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, yogurt and caramel sauce.
  2. Whisk in the cinnamon, xanthan gum, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
  3. Whisk in the almond milk.
  4. Scoop into serving bowls, refrigerate for 2+ hours (or overnight) covered with plastic wrap, then serve!
Notes
**You can try using other yogurts if you like, but note that the Amande yogurt is pre-sweetened with fruit juice only and not refined sugar. Please avoid buying yogurts with sugar added. If you use an unsweetened yogurt you can add more caramel sauce or some stevia extract to taste.
This recipe is: low sugar, gluten free, vegan!



^^ adding in the homemade caramel sauce



^^ adding in the spices


^^ the thick and creamy texture of the pudding
This delicious Caramel Pumpkin Pie Mousse Pudding is sweet, creamy and packed full of pumpkin and caramel flavor.  This recipe sure won’t weigh you down because it is healthy, and since it is refined sugar free you won’t get any sugar rushes or sugar crashes.  Oh, and it also works as a dip for apple slices, graham crackers, your finger…  pretty much everything.  Enjoy  :)
Author:Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment