Honey Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars

I’m sort of an on-the-go person. I don’t plan enough time in the mornings, sandwiches require too many ingredients, and I tend to be starving before I realize I should probably eat something.
The answer to my problems? Granola bars.
I try to steer myself toward the low-sugar, nut and seed, all-natural, healthy sort of granola bars. But time after time I find myself gravitating toward the chocolate, peanut butter, sweet and indulgent kinds.
A for effort?
These ones are awesome because, well, they’re homemade. Plus they’ve got two kinds of chocolate, honey, and pumpkin spice. Ahhhhhhh, another fall-ish recipe! Just can’t. get. enough!!
Honey Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars
 

Prep time                                                  Cook time                                          Total time
10 mins                                                        10 mins                                             20 mins

 
These are perfect for a quick fall breakfast or on-the-go snack!!
Author:
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 24
Ingredients
  • ⅓ cup honey
  • ⅓ cup light corn syrup
  • 2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • ¼ teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • 4 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • ¼ cup white chocolate chips, melted
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325. Line an 8×8 inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
  2. Mix together honey, karo syrup, oats, oil, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Gently stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
  3. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely. Drizzle melted white chocolate over bars. Allow to cool before cutting into bars. Store in airtight container.

Author: Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment